Our San Jose Residential Roofing Services
Element Roofing provides all of the services that you need for your home’s roof, from a real estate roof inspection when you purchase the roof to professional, high-quality maintenance, repairs and installation. For many homeowners, purchasing a new roof is one of the most important and expensive choices they will make for their home. It’s worthwhile to work with roofers you can trust to ensure you’re making the best decisions to replace your roof and to keep it in good condition for years to come.
One of the most major decisions you’ll have to make is which kind of roofing system to install. We can help you compare the performance, warranties, and looks of any system that you’re curious about. But, first, you should understand the major roof types available to you as a homeowner:
- Asphalt shingles: By far the most popular option for roofing on homes, asphalt shingles provide great value, with great performance, low cost, and many aesthetic options. Some shingles can mimic the look of other roof material options. Most will need to be replaced within 15-20 years.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofing systems boast much longer lifespans than asphalt shingles. They will also cost more upfront. However, they look great and if you maintain them and they achieve a long service life they can turn out to be the most cost-effective.
- Slate: Slate roofing tiles are among the most elegant options. You might choose them for a historic home or to add significant class to your property. Slate does require maintenance and careful installation, but the tiles are tough.
- Wood shakes: Real wood shakes can achieve relatively good performance, but their real benefit is their look. Dimensional, beautiful, and available in a wide range of colors, this is a great roofing material for homes of distinction.
- Clay tile: Clay tile is another historical roofing material that some modern roofers can do great work with. Their performance is middling, and they do need regular maintenance.